Community Organising: What is it good for?
Learn from and connect with community organisers, adults educators and migrant community leaders across the UK, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia.
Join community organisers, adult educators and migrant community leaders working across the UK, Italy, Croatia and Slovenia as they reflect on their experiences of organising with migrant communities, and share challenges and learnings from their respective contexts.
- Giulia Anita Bari | Giolli Coop | Italy
- Josipa Lulic | POKAZ | Croatia
- Nick Gardham | Community Organisers | UK
- Maria Elisa Labazuy | English for Action, ESOL Student | UK
- Miha Blažič | Ambasada Rog, Community Organiser | Slovenia
- Carmilia Salamiat | Community Leader | Congo-France
- Sara Maria Cetraro | Community Organising Italia | Italy
- Irene Giovanetti and Silvia Brocchi | Metodi Asscom & Aleph S.R.L. | Italy
There will be opportunities to meet and talk with community organisers, adult educators and migrants rights activists from across Europe.
This event is organised by Community Organising For All (COFA) project partners EFA London (UK), Giolli Cooperative (Italy), POKAZ (Croatia) and Zavod BOB (Slovenia). The COFA project is an international collaboration combining community organising, Theatre of the Oppressed, video making and participatory pedagogy.
At the event, we will also be launching the COFA podcast series and an article about organising with migrant communities in Europe.
The event will be held in English; if you need language assistance in Italian, Slovenian or Croatian, please email us and we will try to help.
With any questions, please contact English for Action’s COFA project lead, Kasia Blackman, via email: email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!