If you’re interested in joining us, and/or to make sure you hear of any new roles, please fill out this form. Make sure you also sign up to our newsletter and follow us on social media.
If you have any other questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our friends at JCWI have also compiled this helpful list of volunteering opportunities in our sector.
Volunteers play a fundamental role in our classes. All of our classes are led by paid, qualified teachers, but they are often supported by volunteer teaching assistants. Whether helping specific individuals, supporting participants during group work or offering support and advice on local services, the contribution made by volunteers in our classrooms is vital.
In return, volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- gain experience of English language teaching in a community setting;
- contribute their skills to a grassroots community project;
- attend our regular training sessions on teaching methods;
- gain support and advice on professional development for those looking to become an ESOL teacher;
- gain long-term professional and community connections in the ESOL, charity and community organising sectors;
- make new friends, and more!